See, I was supposed to take the ACT today. I was all prepared. I brought my prep book to the beach (which, by the way, is where we took our spring break vacation this past week. It was great!!) and studied, studied, studied like a good little student.
So we got back yesterday. Yaay. Then, last night we had a BIG thunderstorm. You'll see how this fits into the picture in a minute.
I woke up early, got ready, ate my oatmeal, read my little smart article to get my brain going, and headed off to the high school with my daddy. When we got there, everybody was in their cars and on their cell phones. We saw a guy from the basketball team, and he said that the ACT was canceled cause they didn't have any power. His report was confirmed by a lady, who said it was going to be rescheduled in a few weeks.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I was so READY.
*cry*
And you know what makes it ten times worse? Two of my really close friends, Amy and Molly, that live about an hour and a half away happened to be in town yesterday and today. Talk about exciting!! Alyx and Sandra, two of my other really good friends, planned a sleepover for all of us church girls, to celebrate their visit!!
Buuut, since I had the ACT, I couldn't spend the night.
Ahaha. ACT, you taunt me. And it's not funny :(
Sorry to be so whiney, guys. I'll stop my little pity party. It's really not so bad.
Let me think. There ARE good things about today, I know it.
First...the three hours I got to spend at the party last night, were so joyful and fun and just great.
Second...I have a tan. In April. I'm pretty much thrilled, even though it'll fade way to fast.
I get to finish Tangled, which we started on our trip, but had to stop because the laptop ran out of battery. (The dvd player was having problems, too.) Talk about torture!!
I...have time to finish my AP homework!! ...sigh.
I get to finish the last chapter of the book I'm reading! Which, I couldn't last night, because I'd read like two pages and the power went out.
Um. Hmm. Oh, I can go to the library, which is always a great thing.
Wow, what an all about me day. I think I need to reprioritize.
Let's throw in some putting away laundry and cleaning rooms, as well as helping my little sister learn her audition song and creating a yummy lunch/dinner with mom. It's gonna be Mom+Kaley+Isaiah+Kate day, cause Levi has tournament, which Dad and the middle three are also going to do.
Wow, trusting God is really hard sometimes. I know that He's sovereign and faithful. He has the best plan, but when things don't go as I like, I tend to complain and grumble and wonder why God didn't take MY fabulous ideas. Hmm, maybe because, you know, He's all wise and all knowing, and I'm, well, not??
As times like this, I treasure verses like Psalm 138:8: "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands."
Thank you, God, for your steadfast love.
My Mom and I on our vacation :)
5 comments:
Oooh...I took the ACT this morning myself...and found it harsh. I would say you are lucky to have gotten out of it, but I am not that bad a student. :) And I love your attitude!
Ahahaha...I'M AFEARED OF THE ACT! Be brave, lady-cakes, cause I most certainly am not! :O
Also, I need to see Tangled as well, and I'm so very glad God's in control of the plans, because my ideas aren't all that smart from the get-go. Isn't his faithfulness wonderful!??!
Awww Kaaley! that makes me so sad!! You are the sweetest person ever. Have I told you that? No matter what. Always. I love you so much! (and yes, woah! I'm blogging again!)
Aw that's too bad. I really miss seeing all of you guys! I hope that your week was better than this day was! And that's a beautiful picture. I miss you! :)
Zephaniah 3:17
I read this a few days ago, and I'm only just commenting...but that is so frustrating :( But you know what? God IS faithful, and the fact that you see that makes it so much easier when things like this happen. Your love for Him is beautiful. His love for you is even more so :)
(oh, and I love you too! This shouldn't even be in parentheses...it's not a parenthetical fact at all.)
Post a Comment