Thursday, May 27, 2010

I got called a little Audrey Hepburn last night

Guess what I've been doing?

Ok, I'll just tell you. Right after Seussical finished, I popped on over to the other theater company in our town and jumped in, as a chorus member, to Li'l Abner. Oh, and there was two and a half weeks till the first performance.

Why is this, you ask? Well, the auditions for this play were RIGHT in the middle of Seussical. Plus, to me anyway, the play didn't sound very appealing.
They hardly had anyone turn up for auditions (Only one girl auditioned) They were a bit lacking on parts. So, they called in the recruits. (Most of the cast didn't audition, but was "drafted")

By the way, if you have no idea what Li'l Abner is...it's an old, old comic strip:
"Li'l Abner was the unlikely son of tiny
Mammy (Pansy) and Pappy (Lucifer) Yokum. Mammy was the industrious "sassiety leader" of backward Dogpatch who instilled honesty and All-American ideals in Li'l Abner. Pappy, in contrast, was an illiterate and hopeless parasite. From the inception of the strip, Abner was vigorously pursued by Daisy Mae, a beautiful Dogpatch damsel hopelessly in love with the bumbling, unappreciative and seldom amorous bachelor. Abner spent nearly two decades outracing Daisy in the annual Sadie Hawkins Day race but the couple finally married."


(Here we are! I'm in the front row, bottom right corner)

Final Dress Rehearsal is tonight! The show runs for two weekends (Fri. Sat. Sun. one week, and Sat. and Sun. the next) It's been fine...if I could go back and do it again, I probably wouldn't have done it. Oh well! The Director is wonderful though!

Seussical Pictures..coming sometime!

2 comments:

Ellie Degenhart said...

Gosh! Sounds like so much fun!
And oh my word! You looked adorable!! I like that picture
:-)

Kaley Grace said...

Aww, thank you Ellie! :) It *is* lots of fun! :)