Tuesday, May 17, 2011

spriiiiing-a-ling-a-ling

You know you wish you had a smirk as adorable as that one right there. I know I do!

So y'all. I have so-oh-oh much to catch up on!! And I actually have some TIME now.
Fancy that?!

I'm gonna go slowly and do my best to succinctly write 'bout my life for the past month-or-so in a series of posts. Ready? :)


I've been baking a lot lately. But is this a bad thing? Not at ALL. I'm kind of in love with whipping up desserts, so I'm delighted when I have an excuse to concote something sweet. Birthdays are good excuses, right?


Cookie dough cupcakes are pretty amazing, y'all. Smart idea, person-who-came-up-with-this-recipe.

Ah, I love Spring. And I adore May, with it's crazy, busy funness (my inward English instructor is cringing right now). Everything is having coming to a triumphant end.


It gives me a feeling kind of like the one I get during the month of December. It’s not quite as warm and fuzzy and wonderful as that Christmas feel, but it’s definitely got the same quality of eager anticipation.


Anticipating that quick curtsy after the piano recital is finished.

Anticipating that sigh of relief after finishing a big test.

Anticipating a summer filled with productivity and growth.

Anticipating the finality of placing those textbooks on the shelf for the last time.

Anticipating the final toot of my flute at the band concert.

Anticipating warm afternoons spent playing outside with the sibs or making bracelets or writing or reading or playing Tangled music. (Not that I ever do any of those things, *cooough*).

Anticipating the celebratory lunch after a stressful piano competition is over.

Speaaaaking of stressful piano competitions, I just had one, last week. Guys, I was so nervous. My piece was long, and I was having trouble memorizing it.

So, after having this lump on worry trailing around for a whole week, I brought it all to God on the night before the competition. I read the beautiful words of the Psalms:

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."
Psalm 55:22


He is SO faithful and his abundant grace and care never ceases to overwhelm me. Not only did I remember my piece, but I received a 1+ rating. I walked out the room bursting with praise for my glorious heavenly Father.

"With my mouth I will give great thanks to the Lord;
I will praise him in the midst of the throng.
For he stands at the right hand of the needy one,
to save him from those who condemn his soul to death."
Psalm 109:30-31


Go read you some Psalms. They can make the worst day better.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your post made me want to burst in happiness! Don't you just love that anticipation that comes with the thought of summer? I too am anxious to rid myself of my textbooks for the last time (well, until college starts this Fall, that is).
I do so much baking around this time of year too! It's just so perfect with the weather! Wake up, eat breakfast, do some school and bake some deliciousness (the last two steps can be switched around if need be). Something about the way the sunlight streams through the windows in the kitchen and hits everything JUST right is just so wonderful!
Also, I always start my days off with Psalms of praise! David seems to have a psalm written for exactly EACH emotion or form of praise I'm trying to express! Isn't God wonderful? Congrats on your piano recital!! Have a cupcake to celebrate!
Sorry for the lengthiness of the comment: I tend to get wordy when I'm particularly delighted. :D

Grace said...

I have been following your blog for a couple of months now and I love it!
I love to bake all the time too (especially cup cakes!! :) )

Congrats on the piano recital!!!
And Psalms totally can help in just about any situation!!!

-Grace E.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Rose said...

I love you soo stinking much!! your cheerfulness just makes life shine a little brighter. :)