Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Music Man

Seventy-six trombones caught the morning sun
With a hundred and ten cornets right behind
There were more than a thousand reeds
Springing up like weeds
There were horns of ev'ry shape and kind.

Um, can I just start by saying I am like the laziest blogger ever?!
k, thanks.

Alrighty, my loves. I cannot believe I haven't spoken of this before, but the second weekend of Music Man performances are starting up tonight!!
I am excited. Oh yes, I am excited.

(And that was a total play off of one of Eulalie Mackney Shinn's lines. You really shouldn't try to make jokes out of obscure parts of the musicals that you're in, cause nobody gets them. Just a little advice.)


I have the pleasure of playing Zaneeta Shinn, the "Eeeee gads!" girl, and boy is it fun! I get to squeak and be all ditzy. Oh, and wear tall white lace up granny boots.

SO MUCH FUN TO DANCE IN. Get ya some. Yooou need them. They will make your life better.


See these folks? They're in the show too, and they are FABULOUS. Kate (middle left) and Will (far right) are River City Citizens, and Karis (middle right) is Amaryllis, the little girl who takes piano lessons from Marian.



Silly cast members. I heart 'em. (And that is NOT a real cigarette. Just btw.)

My mommy took some videos of our pick-up rehearsal last night, and I'm going to try to load them. SOON.

Much love, reader dears!! :)


3 comments:

Inna said...

Eeeeeee gads! The Music Man! Now I wanna watch it again. :) I love all the dances in it. So fun!
Playing a ditz sounds awesome! I once played a hysterical lady. It was great fun. :D

Anonymous said...

I love the music man!!! And your costumes are so fun!!
Oh, I awarded you a Sweet Stuff award on my blog. Go fetch. :)
http://puddlesofmemories.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweet-stuff.html

Marcia said...

Your blog is just beautiful...and I'm not saying that just because I LOVE rainbows...although...that's what drew me in!! Congrats on your musical theater career...you're and up and coming STAR