My dear friends and family,
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me." Galatians 2:20
God is my shepherd, faithful to lead me on the paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. His story for me will continue to be filled with twists and turns, peaks and valley, nights of confusion, and moments of peace beyond understanding. But I have confidence that He is sovereign over my life. While the story's details and even the next few pages may yet be unknown, my future is sure. I have faith that through Christ's atoning sacrifice I will one day stand before my Lord and King and rejoice with all the saints at the height and depth and breadth of my Savior's love. I know where I'm going.
And as for the next four years?
I know where I'm going, now, too. Baylor, here I come. Sic 'em, Bears!
What will I be majoring in?
I'm excited to be joining a unique program at Baylor called University Scholars. As a University Scholar major with a Great Texts emphasis, I will be able to bypass typical freshmen classes and hand-pick my course schedule according to my interests with the aid of a wise counselor. I'm so thrilled to be able to combine my love of literature, writing, music, and theatre!
Where will I be living?My room is now reserved at Brooks Residential College, a lovely housing committee with its own library, chapel, and dining hall (which was designed to look like the Great Hall at Oxford)! Every Sunday night, residents gather for a family-style meal, and each Tuesday afternoon includes a tea time with the resident faculty. Many of my Great Texts classes will be in Brooks, and I am absolutely thrilled to be rooming with my dear friend, Haley Bartell. Brooks Chapel is also the meeting place of the RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) group on campus, and I can't wait to be part of it.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and interest in my college decision. I am so thankful to God for each of you; you have all had a precious part in my life. Know that your prayers will continue to be treasured as I embark on this new adventure!
Love,
Kaley
6 comments:
Congratulations! That is the program I was looking at when I visited a couple of months ago. I'm interested in how it goes!
~Paul L.
I LOVE this post :) And I'm so excited for you!!!!
Love ya!
~Sandra
I've been wondering if you've decided! That sounds like a great program and a perfect fit. (And how awesome to be rooming with a great friend.) What a beautiful blog post.
Deanna Fitzpatrick
You're making me CRY! Good luck and congratulations!! There is so much in store for you, and I particularly approve of your course choice. Hand-picking classes in theater, lit, and music? Well done! *wink*
Oh, adventures are everywhere!
Dear, dear Kaley,
Oh, how lovely it is to hear from you. I'm almost squeaked when I saw that you had posted!
How exciting!!! Isn't nice to know where we shall go in the end, so we don't have to worry like crazy about the middle like we do sometimes?
And you sound like you shall be having the ride of your life. It seriously sounds thrilling. Have fun, and your major sounds beyond awesome!
I'll be praying...
Love,
Rebekah
oh, this is awesome!!!! I'm so happy that you've found your college! I'm worrying about that whole 'finding a school' thing, but seeing that you have a wonderful school gives me hope too :)
Post a Comment