Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Tradition!" *tries to get it out of head, but doesn't manage to* Gaaaah.

At the moment, I should be working my paper about how Plato and Aristotle each would answer the question, "What is the right way to live?" But....I feel like writing a blog post instead :) Warning. This post has no point. At all. It will not increase your intelligence in any way what so ever.

I am SO SO SO SO excited about camp!! I can't wait! It's going to be so amazing.

If anybody's interested, here's the them song for this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3W8XI7W2w&feature=related

I have officially memorized all my lines for Act 1 in Fiddler on the Roof! AND, I'm reading around...4 books at the moment :) And they're all really good! I'm almost finished with "The Cat Nappers" (JEEVES AND BERTIE!!)..it's so great :) "Tevye's Daughters" is this collection of stories Fiddler on the Roof is based on, and it's SO cool! It's really fairly similar to the play, which is awesome! It's from Tevye's point of view, and it really sounds like him haha! "The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey" is the sequel to "The Mysterious Benedict Society", and is just as fun and puzzling as the first one! I just started "The Titan's Curse", the third book in Percy Jackson and the Olympians series..I've only read the first few chapters, but it's really good :) And, the others ones don't really count, cause I've read them before...but they're both amazingly awesome! "Do Hard Things" and "Shadow Spinner"...great books :) And, of course, Aristotle's Nicomachaen Ethics, but that doesn't count haha. That was more than 4 books...that was like 6 1/2 :) Whoopsie. :) My reading's real good, my counting on the other hand...not so good. *sigh*


Yes, I am a reading fanatic :) Books and I are tight. Like peanut butter and jelly! Oh my goodness! I'm so creative! :)

I went McDonalds today! To be honest, I haven't been *inside* a McDonalds in a few years haha. Is it just me, or do ALL little kids practically live to go to McDonalds? When I was little (oooh, that's fun to say. I feel wise and experienced..haha, right), going to McDonalds was the practically the highlight of my young life. I loved that place :) Now...let's just say it's not quite the thrill it used to be :) The workers weren't quite on it though..they forgot the FRIES with my bros meals. Who forgets the fries?! O.o


We also ventured out to get some buttermilk today...to make my daddy's birthday cake! (Btw, Happy Birthday Mr. Bartell!!) Buttermilk is, weird. Why is it called buttermilk? Why not called it really-gross-sour milk?

We had some friends visiting one time, and we outside eating cookies, and my friend and her brother went inside to get some milk. She poured these twp ginormous glasses of it in Eskimo Joes cups...but, little known to them, they had accidentally poured Buttermilk instead of Milk. It was *hilarious* when they took the first sip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3d6SFcDys

This is pretty sweet! It's sooo beautiful :)

So...I also ran today. Just for the record, I haven't done anything active in the least since I went to the gym in..I'm afraid to say it...April *cringe* It's true, I'm afraid. Aside from occasional walk, it's been nothing. Notta. AHHHH. And so today, this beaUtiful sunny day, I decided I'd been cooped inside for waaay to long. I willt run!! I started out great, I finished the first mile without a break. And it felt soo good :) Then came the 2nd mile...my breath was coming spurts and I sounded...strange, I'm sure. I seriously felt like laying the grass and DYING. But I endured. I did about another 1/2 mile and stopped. The run home was painful. Note to self: GET IN SHAPE.

Ah, well, play practice is calling. Goodbye!

Isn't God Amazing?

4 comments:

Matt Tinsley said...

Wow lots and lots of reading! Good thing you like it so much! (Except Aristotle. Sounds like that's not very fun to read :P)

RainyDayDreamer said...

Lol, I was totally enjoying your post...you always always make me smile or laugh, or both. When, I glanced to the side, and saw something that was like Nick Jonas, the snake. lol.

A forecloser sign? Ooook, lol. Some of them were kinda weird too...like bubble gum, instead of real bubbles. Lol. Did you know this?

Haleymay said...

HOW do you read so many books at once? I have to do one at a time...if I start another one, I normally forget what happens in the other and things all get bad and slimy.

Tell your daddy to have a very merry birthday! I have a feeling red(ish) velvet cake is in store?

I hate to say it, but McDonalds lost its sparkle for me a few years ago...their fries still win, but...yeah...

I love you, dear. You made me smile today. MOO. :)

RainyDayDreamer said...

AAAAAAAAAAAH. I LOVE THE NEW PICTURE.!!!!!!!!!! Yes. *ahem* I do.