Friday, January 28, 2011

Um, okay, you know those people who you look at, and all you can think is, "...please get a tan now okay thank you?" Or maybe, if you're more of the polite, considerate sort, you kindly remark to yourself, "well, I'm sure they look a lot better in the summer."

Well, those people? They would be me. Or at least, I would be their leader/role model/archetype.

Yes, I've been sick, ladies and gents, and somehow, after spending a multitude of hours in bed, the color of the pillows has been transplanted onto my face. Lovely.

But, now, I'm WELL! Oh, I'm so well, and I am so happy to be well.

And yet, I've been in agony all week, because I kept seeing cool things to take pictures of.

Yes, that does not seem like a valid source of agony. But, considering that:

1) My camera is broken. Perhaps for good.

and

2) My photography skills are, well, bad.

and

3) Calling Justin Bieber Justin Beaver sends me into a hysterical fit of giggles

I am rather bad off.

Our family is considering getting a nice family camera. Which, I am completely in favor of. I drool and turned all green-with-envy-eyed when I see those amazing photographs taken by these amazing blogger/photographers. Drool and Envious Green Eyes don't do too much for the complexion.

If any of you lovely readers have a camera recommendation, I'd really love to hear it.

Oh, that reminds me. I've decided that poetry is, well, rather enchanting.

Poetry used to turn me off. I thought it was a kind of dumb way to over-dramatize and fluff up an idea that really wasn't that inspiring. But, after reading some really tremendous poets, I've been discovering poetry can convey meaning in a rather charming way. Who would have thought?

(And you know that famous line, "Oh, My love is like a red, red rose"? In the original version, the author wrote, and I quote, "O, my luve's like a red, red rose." Luve. Luuuuuve. Say it nice and slow. It sounds like a country singer. It makes me chuckle.)

Do your siblings and parents send you into insane fits of unstoppable laughter? 'Cause mine do. Maybe that fever did something to me. Hmm.

SONIC MAKES REALLY GREAT CHERRY VANILLA DR. PEPPER. My mama got some for me, after my piano lesson yesterday. It's really great.

Oh, and word of advice? Don't drink tea in bed while reading, despite how absolutely lovely it sounds. You could very well end up spilling the last drops on your owl duvet cover and flannel sheets and library book and pajama pants. And you could also very well end up hopping around your bed room trying to pull off the duvet cover and stripping the bed of the sheets and throwing them both into the wash, as well as waving the book around in an attempt to dry it off and searching desperately for a new pair of pajama pants. Just thought I should warn you.

Alright, I really, really, really shouldn't post this close to midnight. I get a little TOO crazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better :) Being sick is extremely miserable. It definitely makes you appreciate the norm.

1. What happened to your camera? :(
2. Your photography skills are most definitely not bad. I love all the photos you put up! They's artistic.

Aaaaand of course I'm full of camera recommends :P But rather than just spam up your blog, feel free to message me if you actually want some council.

I kinda agree with your past view of poetry. Although I'm sure there is good poetry, as you have found. My literature book was full of nonsense.

Georgianna Penn said...

Has your skin turned a "pasty white?" :P

The same thing happened to me with poetry. I didn't understand it before and generally tried to avoid it, but one day I read this poem that I thought was amazing and I've slowly gotten into it since then. I *love* John Keats!