Friday, April 16, 2010

"There once was a girl-bird named Gertrude McFuzz..."

Ooh my.

I am very behind.

Shall we start back at last Monday?

First, I got my permit...



At 6:00, I auditioned for Seussical!

We auditioned by age group...we sang, and then danced. Almost right afterwards, they announced those who were called back to read and sing "Biggest Blame Fool"...me and four other girls from my age group, and three boys.

We went upstairs and quickly learned the song, then went back downstairs to the stage and sang. After that, we were given page numbers for different characters to read. I thought everything went well! Everybody was SO good, though. It was a blast. I adooore Seussical...it's just so much FUN and family friendly!

We got home around 10:30...auditions were also on Tuesday. So, we went back the next night. If you had been called back on Monday, you were still called back on Tuesday. We didn't have to sing or dance again if we had already tried out, but we did read again. He told us which parts to read ( I read Mayzie and Gertrude) and after we finished, we left. The list was going to be put up the next morning.

We got home, and "went to bed."

Hehehe.

If you're a theatre person, you can imagine how much sleep I got ;)

Wednesday morning, we drove up to the theatre to look at the list, and, I was listed beside Gertrude McFuzz! For those of you who don't know what her character is, here's a short description:

GERTRUDE McFUZZ is very self-conscious and aware that her one-feather tail isn’t perfect. Gertrude changes during the show from a neurotic, nervous and shy bird into one with the power to protect and care for a baby elephant bird and commit herself to Horton. In other words, she stops worrying about her looks and grows up.



We started practices on that evening. We only have 3 and half weeks of practice, believe or not. It's CRAZY. I'm always amazed these shows come together, but they always do. This show is a little trickier because it's almost entirely song and dance...hardly any of it is dialogue (a least, the junior version is)...which is a lot of work. Other than the cut dialogue, it's got all the same songs at the original Seussical.

Practices are going really well! (We practice every Monday-Thursday, 6-8:15ish) We've learned about half the songs/dances...everyone is really well cast, and the director, costumer, producer, and choreographer are all great!

On Friday, we (the girls at church) had a surprise children's book baby shower for our pastor's wife, Mrs. Grant! It was so much fun!



Mrs. Grant opening her gift...


We played a game where we had to guess who's baby pictures were who's...



Me, Amy and Hannah!

On Saturday, I took the ACT with Amy and Luke...it went pretty well, I think. I was really happy with the English and Math sections (I actually knew a lot of it this time! Yay for studying hard.) The reading didn't go quite as well as last time, but it's still was pretty easy. The science..was just the science. I did the writing part this time. It was fine - I thought I could have done better, but oh well! It's over.

Another week of practices, music, school, Chemistry Lab, and all that jazz. It's been rainy these past few days..not my favorite.

I'll try to be better about posting updates on practices!

Off to go to church...we're having a cookout tonight!

No comments: