Tuesday, October 19, 2010

my love affair with thunderstorms has most definitely begun. for sure.


Last night, we had the most wonderous of wonderful thunderstorms. It was thrilling.

I've always liked thunderstorms, but now...now, I love them. L.O.V.E. them. God is so amazingly and beautifully creative.

Thunderstorms have that ability to make me shudder - in a completely delicious way. Ahh. They're dangerous and yet so cozy.

It was really quite perfect, actually. I was snuggled under my owl comforter. A biting fall breeze was wafting through my open window. By the light of my itty-bitty rose lamp I was re-reading my most favorite part in one of my most favorite books in one of my most favorite series (the part in "Emily Climbs" where Teddy saves Emily from Mad Man Morrison? Anybody else adore that part? I don't know how many times I've read it.) As I was savoring the beautiful words, there was a tremendous crack of thunder.

The lights went completely out.

I lay completely still, in the darkness, the chilly breeze playing an enticing game of tag with my sheer curtain.

bliss.

A moment later, my little brother was crying extremely loudly...and it kind of shattered my little moment. Mom and I went to comfort him...and somehow, the whole family ended up in my room, snuggling on the bed, the chair, the floor. Dad brought in the oil lamp. We just sat, enjoying each other's company until everyone felt warm and comforted. Then, we all snuck back to our beds in the dark, and fell asleep.


6 comments:

Anna Olivia said...

I love this post. =) So charming. "Thunderstorms have that ability to make me shudder - in a completely delicious way..." ;) ;)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Thanks for the compliments on our engagements :) I was so excited about them!

I, too, LOVE thunderstorms :)

Anna Olivia said...

Hey Kaley Grace! You've been tagged - it's a very fun one. =) Go to my blog to obtain your orders.

Susannah said...

I tagged, you, too. ;-)

Mia said...

Nice post! Thunderstorms are ah-mazing.

Well, this is going to sound nuts, but I tagged you too! The post is on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing at writing!!! I love this post SOOOO much!!!!!