Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm a poet...and I didn't even know it




Today is poetryish day.






































I write poems...occasionally. Very, very occasionally. But today, I wrote three :) Which is very unusual :) And if you don't mind extremely, extremely muchly, I'm going to post them here!





I'm afraid they aren't very good. The rhymes are kind of...corny. And they don't have titles.
But I kind of like them :) Pleeease post your comments on them!! :)






If I could dance forever, I'd do it.


And if flying could be done, I'd be the first to try.


If my heart's song had words, I'd sing it.


And if the glowing stars could be touched, I'd take one to buy.





You've only got one life


So live it, live it.


You've only got one,


And you can't ever return it.





If the waves had a story, I'd tell it.


And if the sound of the rain could be caught, I'd catch it in a cart.


If a smile put hearts back together, I'd smile and never stop it.


And if someone gave me their life, I'd give them my heart.





Or Would I?





Even though I can't fly


Or catch a rainbow in my hand


There are many, so many


Things that I can,


So I won't waste them,


I'll take them, save them,


Forever.





You've only got one life,


So live it, live it


You've only got one,


And you can't ever return it.





Here's the next one:








When your fingers touch mine, my heart starts to beat.


The sweet whispers of music a soft melody repeats.


And when we move, together, I take in a breath


And hold it.





We dance down the floor, moving faster each twirl.


When you spin me, all the world whirls and whirls.


As my feet hit the ground, I give you a glance


And hold it.





The lights are all dim, so no one can see my tears


I want this feeling to last, to get rid of my fears.


And as the final chords play, I catch this moment


And hold it.





And the last one:





friends


can break


your heart and


mend it up tight.





friends


can laugh


hard and cry


even harder and longer





friends


can make


an ache that


burns, and fill it





friends


can leave,


and still be


there right beside you





friends


can keep


secrets, but talk


all through the night





friends


take a


piece of your


hear and never let





Go.





There you have it. My poetry for the day...or the month...or the century :)





Guess what?!?! I get to go dancing *again* tonight!! Waltzing, to be precise. Aren't I lucky :) Waltzing is amazing. If you've never tried it, you should. It's SO much fun!





Well, that's all for today!! WOO HOO! I've made it past my usual of 2 entries! I have three.





Easter's tomorrow!





Isn't God Amazing?





Kaley Grace, poet of the moment








7 comments:

Kaley Grace said...

Ooo...it did something weird. There's like a million spaces. Whoops.

RainyDayDreamer said...

Ok. The last one? It seriously made me tear up. I love you. To simply state it :-)

Ok, and dude? You are SO a poet! I wrote a couple, and they sounded totally dorky. Though, maybe I'll be brave enough to post them later, lol.

RainyDayDreamer said...

P.S. You should like...write music for those or something, they'd make AWESOME songs.

Kaley Grace said...

Lol, thank you SO much!!! You made my day :)
I love you. To simply state it back :)

You're so sweet :) And such an amazing friend!!
You should SO post them! I really want to read them :D :D
Ooo....that would be awesomely fun!!

RainyDayDreamer said...

Lol, they aren't amazing like yours. I think it was talking about some place I was sitting, or thinking about sitting...and a buttercup. Lol. I'll try and write about something "deep" later.

Haleymay said...

Ok...I'm seriously crying. Your poetry is amazing...I love you so much, Kaley.

The walzing was rather wonderful, was it not?

Kaley Grace said...

Awwww, thank you, HALEY :) :)!!!! I'm so glad my poems actually...yeah. I LOVE YOU. So MUCH. And that is a fact.