This is harder than I thought to explain...
You know those things that make you happiest/most excited in the world whenever you do them? Those things that give you goosebumps?
It's different for everybody. It's so amazing how unique God has created each of us. We all have different passions, different things that make us feel alive.
I am so thankful for those things. Those things that make you fall in love with life. The things that make you just stand and gape at the awesomeness of God.
When I was younger, I used think, secretly, that Heaven would be boring. I knew what at a sacrilegious thought it was, but it was true!
But then my Mom said something that really stuck with me. She said that God created all the things that give us such joy in life...in fact, he *created* us to enjoy them. He created music, and friends, and dancing, and art, and sports, and all the things that different people enjoy in the world. And if we think this life is amazing...do you know much more amazing heaven with be?!? It's not going to be boring. In fact, it will be the most thrilling experience EVER. The closest I've ever felt to this feeling was at church camp...when we were all singing together, praising our God with our entire souls. And the happiness I felt then was so incredible. It was fulfilling and scary and wonderful at the same time...our God deserves praise, forever and forever. "God is most satisfied in us, when we are most satisfied in Him" - John Piper.
The pursuit of happiness. It's God, everybody. Nothing can make you happier.
Things (note: things, not people. These are the things I love, a WHOLE big bunch, but they don't come close to my family and friends) that leave me breaaathless...or not. Then, I'd be dead. But, they get pretty close.
Dancing
You know those things that make you happiest/most excited in the world whenever you do them? Those things that give you goosebumps?
It's different for everybody. It's so amazing how unique God has created each of us. We all have different passions, different things that make us feel alive.
I am so thankful for those things. Those things that make you fall in love with life. The things that make you just stand and gape at the awesomeness of God.
When I was younger, I used think, secretly, that Heaven would be boring. I knew what at a sacrilegious thought it was, but it was true!
But then my Mom said something that really stuck with me. She said that God created all the things that give us such joy in life...in fact, he *created* us to enjoy them. He created music, and friends, and dancing, and art, and sports, and all the things that different people enjoy in the world. And if we think this life is amazing...do you know much more amazing heaven with be?!? It's not going to be boring. In fact, it will be the most thrilling experience EVER. The closest I've ever felt to this feeling was at church camp...when we were all singing together, praising our God with our entire souls. And the happiness I felt then was so incredible. It was fulfilling and scary and wonderful at the same time...our God deserves praise, forever and forever. "God is most satisfied in us, when we are most satisfied in Him" - John Piper.
The pursuit of happiness. It's God, everybody. Nothing can make you happier.
Things (note: things, not people. These are the things I love, a WHOLE big bunch, but they don't come close to my family and friends) that leave me breaaathless...or not. Then, I'd be dead. But, they get pretty close.
Dancing
Writing
Acting

Reading

No comments:
Post a Comment