Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 3

Today...or, that is, yesterday *cough* (an extremely busy yesterday, might I add) I am thankful for...
Hand Written Notes

In this day where almost everything is done through the internet...do you know how SPECIAL it makes you feel when you get a hand written note? Goodness Gracious, someone cares about you enough to dig out a working pen, file through the cluttered drawers to find a stamp, get out a piece of paper and envelope, and strain their minds to write just the right words. Get well cards, Birthday Cards, Congratulations Cards, Christmas Cards...they. all. rock. I am SO grateful for hand written notes. Which is rather selfish, but true :)
For instance, my mom writes me really special and sweet notes which she sticks in birthday/Christmas presents, on my pillow, in my lunch on the way to a camp...I save all of them forevers.
AND, some of my awesome friends write me notes, too! :)
Just a simple sticky note with a small bit of your own scrawls really can make somebody's day.
Ahhh, the joys of life. What an awesome God we serve!

1 comment:

Bre said...

so glad to know I'm not the only one who saves all my mom's notes :D I have every single one of them in my drawer! hehe