Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 2

Today, I'm thankful for...

The Unexpected


Which might sound a little strange. Let me explain.

Some unexpected things are really awesome. Like a surprise visit from a friend, or a belated birthday card, or a call from someone you haven't heard from in a while, or even just finding a library book after you had given up all hope of seeing it again!
God just pops little blessings ALL over our lives...and sometimes we don't even notice! (*ehem* me *ehem*) Sometimes, we just focus on everything that seems to be going wrong and forget to be thankful for those little unexpected delights.
Last night, I was having a little pity party. For...myself!
After going on about all my complaints to God about my less than perfect week....I realized.
There was SO much good that happened this week as well. Duh.

Not that everything unexpected is good.
I didn't expect for so many of my best friends to move away in one year.
BUT.
Despite what seems bad when it happens, God has planned everything for our sanctification, whether through pleasure or hardship. Nothing is unexpected to God. We can rest in his promises. We don't have to worry about tomorrow...God has had it planned from the beginning. What a thing to be THANKFUL for.

6 comments:

Haleymay said...

*hoooooonk*

That made me cry. I miss you.

But isn't it nice to know that God's in control? He places nice little reminders everywhere...sometimes it's just hard to see them.

And that's. An awesome. Picture. 'Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's awesome! I love it! It made me realise that unexpected things can also be good and a way to glorify God :)

Bre said...

That is so true :) Thank you for reminding me, that this is a good thing to be thankful for :)

I'm really liking this game. *grin*

RainyDayDreamer said...

To put this comment simply so it doesn't drone on and on...which I sometimes do...lol.

I AGREE. YES. YES. AND YES.

edzzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edzzie said...

ei love ur posts! coz i also write for a cause..to inspire people..Id love to follow ur blogs..hope u can visit mine as well.. =)

http://edzzy.blogspot.com/